Hawaii Circle Island Tour — Roberts Hawaii
Enjoy a full circle island tour of Hawaii and the beauty of waterfalls. Explore historic sites & volcanic landscapes.
Duration: 10 hours
Time: 7:30–9:00 a.m. thru 5:00 p.m.
Hawaii’s largest and youngest island is quite possibly the most dramatic and awe-inspiring in the Hawaiian chain. So, while a day isn’t quite enough to experience all the natural beauties and wonders Hawaii Island offers, we like to believe our Big Island Grand Circle Land Tour itinerary does a pretty good job.
Your arrival in the middle of a vast lava field might almost seem like a moon landing. Lava, now solidified, has created a wave-like, rippled field that spreads out as far as the eye can see. If this isn’t drama enough, the landscape does a 180º along the western coast of the island where tropical bounty abounds.
Hawaii's Famous Kona Coffee
Along the way, you’ll make a delicious stop at Hawaii’s most famous and well-known region for growing coffee. There are more than 800 coffee farms in the district, situated on one of two volcanoes: Hualalai or Mauna Loa. The climate conditions in Kona provide an excellent location for growing coffee: rich volcanic soil full of minerals and afternoon clouds that provide natural shade. Generally, Kona coffee is known for having a complex flavor profile: a sweet aroma with floral and nutty notes and a silky smooth finish. Royal Kona Coffee is a remarkable place of organic beauty, where lush coffee bean trees seem to spring up among the other island foliage.
(* denotes stops made, ** denotes stop if parking available)
- Rainbow Falls State Park* – A public recreational area where there is a majestic waterfall that cascades 80 feet over a lava cave. It is aptly named because rainbows are often seen in the rising mist.
- Imiloa Sky Garden* – A garden restaurant featuring a locally inspired lunch and beautiful views of Imiloa’s native Hawaiian landscape.
- Big Island Candies Factory* – A true taste of the islands and home to the world-renowned Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookie.
- Volcano National Park* – Home to one of the world’s most active volcano – Kilauea, steam vents, volcanic craters and more.
- Kilauea Visitor Center(Bathroom)*
- Volcano House**
- Steam Vents**
- Halemaumau Lookout**
- Punaluu Black Sand Beach* – Famous and picturesque, this black sand beach is an unforgettable site where “Honu” (Hawaiian sea turtles) often enjoy basking in the Hawaiian sun.
- Royal Kona Coffee* – Panoramic farms growing exclusively grown gourmet Kona coffee beans.
Please be advised in the event of a Government Shutdown the National Parks currently will have limited access available to the public.
- Your safety and comfort are our #1 priority. Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, venue hours of operations, etc. Tour features can change daily as we cannot predict weather and lava viewing conditions.
- We do not guarantee sighting of lava flows. Surface lava flows may be present but may not be visible due to environmental conditions or time constraints. If conditions permit, walking/hiking on rough, uneven lava surfaces is involved.
- Moderate walking, please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately. You are advised to bring a light jacket as it may get cold.
- Lunch will be available for purchase.
- Volcanic fumes can be hazardous. This tour is not recommended for visitors with heart or breathing problems and infants, young children, and pregnant women.
- Wear walking shoes, dress comfortably, bring jacket.
- No viewing of active lava flows.
- Volcanic fumes can be hazardous.
- Tour not recommended for visitors with heart or breathing problems, infants, children, and pregnant women.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be included in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.