Kohala Waterfalls Adventure — Hawaii Forest & Trail
Walk through Hawaiian agricultural sites, and cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls.
Duration: 8 hours
Time: 6:50 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Immerse yourself in stunning private waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Kick off the fun with an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
Off-road to an exclusive trailhead, guided-walk through private nature reserve. Swim under cascading waterfalls and walk through agricultural sites.
Enjoy a private picnic lunch at one of the island's best scenic lookouts.
- Ramble off-road in a 6-wheel-drive Pinzgauer (an Austrian military vehicle)
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls
- Walk through a restored ancient Hawaiian agricultural site
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring seacliffs and remote valleys, at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts
- Shop or enjoy local ice cream in historic Hawi town
Included: Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages. Sunscreen and bug spray are also available upon request.
Gear provided: Walking sticks, warm wear, day packs and rain ponchos.
* Wear comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers, bathing suit, hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Daily tours depart from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, and Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace. Tour time is about 8 hours round trip.
Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.